Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Finding the document specification by message type ‘http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006#X12_00501_837‘ failed

I was working with HIPAA 5010 837_I transactions. While testing I found that the EDI component functionality was not exactly working as it should. The issue is described below.

Error :

The trading partner information in the party configuration is entered correctly. For testing the trading partner I used an EDI default pipeline EDI Receive to disassemble my EDI message. When I proceeded to test the EDI file it gave me the below error “Finding the document specification by message type ‘http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006#X12_00501_837‘ failed. Verify the schema deployed properly”

Resolution :

After BizTalk server 2010 was installed, I hadn’t installed any hotfixes related to HIPAA 5010 transactions.
So I installed the Errata hotfix and the transactions worked smoothly.


This hotfix can be downloaded from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973415.

Steps to follow:

1.    Extract the hotfix and run the setup.exe application.
2.    Restart the BizTalk host instance [system restart is not required].
3.    Run the MicrosoftEdiXSDTemplatesKb2510733.exe file form the hotfix folder to extract latest HIPAA 5010 schemas. Save the schemas to the directory.
4.    Note: “\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010\XSD_Schema\EDI”
Use standard procedure for building and deploying the schemas.



Result:

Finally the EDI component worked and I was able to run the transactions without any failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment